Monday, October 18, 2010

ΔΔΔ Fat-Talk Free Week

Happy Monday! Hope you're having a day that makes you want to say #TGIM!

I've been working on a new Internet project but for now, I've updated Exercise and Eat a bit - have you checked out my new pages? Do you have any suggestions for what else I could add? I was thinking of adding a blog roll or a favorite foods page - thoughts?

---

Regarding it being Monday, welcome to Tri Delta's third-annual Fat-Talk Free Week. We've all been there - your jeans don't fit "right," you take an unflattering photo or are translating other feelings into feeling "fat."


Watch Tri Delta's video from YouTube here.

It's rare to find someone who consistenly feels their body is perfect, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I love my body for what it can do: the legs that have been strengthened by Body Pump and carry me to class every day, my smile, my long brown hair. I am not a surgically-enhanced version of myself. Rather, I have learned to embrace myself as an original.

All of these factors, however, are superficial. At the end of the day, what matters more: actions or looks? I value the importance of taking care of myself, but even if I looked like a Victoria's Secret model, a pessimistic outlook on life would wear any one of my family or friends out. Luckily, I am an angel who is always happy and always smiling (sarcasm!).

These attributes (legs, smile, etc.) are all superficial. I believe all women are beautiful, whether they have "boy-type" body figures or if they are Christina Hendricks-curvy.

The trick is finding something about yourself that you can always call on that will make you feel hot, regardless if you're covered in sweat, just downed 2 pounds of Whole Foods hot bar, what have you. Forget the images the media shoves down our throats and know this: you are beautiful and have no reason whatsoever to fat talk - it only acts to bring you down!

Cheeseball alert: I'd like to dedicate this song to you, not only for this week but for anytime you need a reminder. Because you're amazing, just the way you are.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. I'm going to see if I can go through the week without commenting pessimistically about my body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! i like this idea and i think it's important for girls to realize how beautifl they are :)

    btw can't wait to steal some of your workout jams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you're having a fat talk free week! It's definitely a big concern, with no help from the media! Good for you for standing up for self esteem. :)

    ReplyDelete